PRICE CHECK - Coronavirus Pandemic

So today I will include you in my thoughts as I read an article shared by someone, which is why I would like to share it with you as I go into it.


To start off, it's published by The U.S. Sun written by Lottie Tiplady-Bishop on the 16th of March of 2020. 

In the 15 second video, well, I assume is one of the brothers admits that he bought these supplies and did try to sell them for higher prices around his town, however it was higher online. Makes me think that he is one of those people who tried to sell a pack of water for more than 300 dollars; and was not even sorry. 

"A PAIR of brothers who stockpiled 17,700 bottles of dollar store hand sanitizer to sell for $70 each say they have been forced to give them all away following a huge social media backlash."

This shocking footage does show fully boxes piled on top of each other, which was worth over $15, 000. Coronavirus did cause a lot of greedy people to inflate prices on the internet. I know people who won't and can't afford these higher prices when everyone else is hogging the supplies we have and that are offered at the stores. 

Unsurprisingly, these brothers might be facing "legal action after a state of emergency was triggered in the state" for price gouging. Yet, it's a bit unfair they have to suffer these consequences when others are still hiding their sales with high prices. All the people who inflate these prices do deserve their appropriate penalties. 

"Twitter users blasted the brothers as 'conmen' and 'snake oil salesmen."' 
Connecting it back to U.S History, it reminded me of the Robber Barons with Horizontal and Vertical Integration.  
"Another user added: 'When you are forced to do the right thing, is it really doing the right thing?'" 
Inl life, mi



No comments:

Post a Comment

FORCING A SMILE

It's 7:59 a.m. I had to stay late night to finish an assignment and was woken up by my mother who insisted that 6:00 a.m. was already la...